Recipe Corner: Molten Lava Cake
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
We all enjoy a quick sweet tooth fix. If chocolate is your thing, this one might just do the trick. It is made in the microwave in less than a minute and takes only a couple minutes to whip up. The best of it all it makes two, so you can share it with a special someone that also is trying to stay on track. Make sure to read the notes for this recipe as it is important for the outcome. You can also freeze these cakes if you only want to eat one or half the recipe. Once frozen thaw at room temperature before heating. I suggest to heat it in the oven on low temperature to not dry the cake out
Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
Recipe makes 2 servings
Time: 8 minutes
2 tbsp Nut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Lily's Dark Chocolate*
1 scoop TRU Chocolate Protein Powder
2 tsp Stevia or other powdered sweetener**
1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 tbsp Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
***IMPORTANT NOTES: This recipe is made with a microwave. My microwave oven has 1800 Watt and I used the setting that allows you to cook at a certain percentage of capacity for that microwave. Please check your settings and your microwave oven for those features as a lower power microwave and cooking at full capacity will alter the result***
1) Heat up nut butter in microwave for 30 seconds, add 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
2) Add one egg at a time and whisk in until well combined, add vanilla extract and stir. Put aside.
3) Mix all dry ingredients, add to liquid mixture and stir until just combined and no lumps are left.
4) Add just enough into 2 ramekins to cover the base (about 1.5 tbsp worked for me)
5) Add 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips into the center of each ramekin.
6) Top off with an equal amount of the batter to cover the chocolate chips.
7) Cook separately in Microwave at 40% capacity for 45 seconds. Let cool before serving. If your Microwave dried the cake out a bit too much for your taste (microwave cakes tend to be a bit on the dryer side), poke the cake with a toothpick and drizzle 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk over it and let it soak in.
* Feel free to use standard dark chocolate chips. The macros will be about the same but the sugar content will be higher.
** If you do not like stevia you can replace this with coconut sugar, keep in mind that this will definitely alter the macros in terms of carbs and sugar content.
1 serving :
26.8 g protein
28.7 g carbs (3.3 g of sugar)
27 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.