Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
I actually never tried the TRU Blueberry Muffin Protein before and once I had it in my hands and tried it in all possible variations I HAD to made muffins. It is just divine and what better snack OR breakfast than a warm, soft blueberry muffin. Perfect breakfast on the go for you busy bees out there or as a post workout snack. You can also make 6 slightly larger muffins if you prefer something more calorie dense but it is well balanced in macros and super delicious. I hope you enjoy them!
Recipe makes 8 servings
Time: 30 minutes
1 cup fresh Blueberries
2 scoops TRU Blueberry Muffin Protein
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour + 1 tbsp to dust Blueberries
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup non fat Greek Yogurt
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 cup crunchy Almond Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
1) Wash Blueberries and dust with 1 tbsp of Whole Wheat Flour. Put aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl until both are well combined.
4) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined and no dry flour spots are left.
5) Line muffin tin with paper cups. Add 1 tbsp of plain batter to the bottom of each cup, this will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cup.
Stir in dusted blueberries last and fold in gently.
6) Stir in dusted blueberries to the rest of the batter and fold in gently. Use a large cookie scoop or a ice cream scoop to equally divide the batter between the cups.
7) Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cook on a rack.
1 serving :
12.1 g protein
16.8 g carbs (8g of sugar)
5.7 g fat