Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
You have so many options when making cookies and I learned that everyone has their own preferences. If they are crispy, fudgy, chewy or anything in between; everything goes! And when the TRU Dulche De Leche Protein came out, I had to make cookies with it. I wanted some that still somewhat have the feel of a real cookie so you don't want to use too much protein powder and need a good amount of sugar and oil for the texture. This being said, these are still a healthier version than original style cookies and that is all you can aim for. Still a dessert but don't have to feel bad about eating them!
Caramel Cookies (fudgy)
Recipe makes 12 servings
Time: 25 minutes
1 cup Almond flour
1/2 scoop TRU Dulce De Leche Protein
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Arrowroot Starch
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp Egg Replacer (prepared to replace one egg)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Apple sauce, natural unsweetened
1/3 cup Caramel Baking Chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare egg replacement and set aside.
3) Melt coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Set aside.
4) Mix all dry ingredients (leave the caramel chips out) in a bowl and add wet ingredients. Mix until combined and let sit for a minute. Dough should thicken on its own. Then stir in the caramel chips.
5) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 12 equal sized cookies with about 1.5 inches of space in between.
6) Take a measuring cup with a flat bottom, grease it slightly and rub it across the little domes to flatten them.
7) Bake for 17-19 minutes, until the outside is dry but the cookie is still soft the tough and edges are browned slightly. Let cool before removing from the sheet.
(If you make them ahead of time and would like them to be almost like freshly baked, use the air fryer and place the cookies inside for 2-3 minutes on 350 Fahrenheit.)
5 g protein
8.8 g carbs (4.4 g of sugar)
7.2 g fat