Recipe Corner: Pumpkin Pie
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
It is getting closer to Thanksgiving and what better way to celebrate than to share pumpkin pie? It is so hard to stay on track during the holidays, but if you can find ways to make the things you consume a bit healthier and wholesome, it will be much easier. This pumpkin pie is filling, tastes amazing and has a great balance between all macros and on top of that only has 16 g of added sugar in total for the entire pie which means only 2 g per slice. I used a Diamond Pecan Pie Crust that was pre-made to keep it simple and easy to follow. I would highly suggest using fresh pumpkin and cut it in half and oven roast it on low until tender and then scrape out the meat. It is much thicker than canned puree and you also have all the fresh nutrients. My favorite is Kabocha as it is super thick and creamy and very sweet on it's own already. This pie is a bit creamier than standard pie I would say but I did not mind at all. I can imagine it also tastes great with the Banana Maple Muffin protein. Now let's enjoy some pie!
Recipe makes 9 servings
Time: 50 minutes
1 Pecan Pie Crust
2 cups Kabocha or Pie Pumpkin Puree, fresh preferred
2 scoops TRU Pumpkin Vanilla Latte Protein
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1/2 - 1 cup Plant Milk, unsweetened
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp All Spice
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1) I definitely recommend using fresh pumpkin and roast it in the oven until tender. The recipe will also work with canned pumpkin puree, however you might have to adjust the liquids in the recipe or add some chia seeds to absorb the liquid.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) In a high speed blender add all ingredients (start with 1/2 cup plant milk first and add more as you go until you have a thick batter like consistency) and blend on medium to high until smooth.
4) Add into pie crust (if you make your own, blind bake it beforehand) and bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is not jiggly anymore.
5) Let cool completely before cutting.
10 g protein
17.5 g carbs (7.3 g of sugar - only 2 g of added sugar)
10.7 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.