Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
With a busy schedule we are not always able to fuel ourselves the way we should but it always comes down to how well you are prepared. If you know that your days will be hectic or you will be somewhere where you cannot get a proper meal in, small bite sizes snacks that hold well at room temperature are your friends. These Apple Pie Pralines are loaded with good macro nutrients and will hold you over until you can get get a break. Besides, isn't it just perfect for the holidays? We are all somewhat guilty of over endulging but with thse you sure do not have to feel guilty. You will probably be full before you can even overeat on these. That is the benefit of nutritious ingredients, they fuel you, even if you have a bit too much occasionally.
Apple Pie Pralines
Recipe makes 22 servings
Time: 3 hours (incl. wait time)
1 1/2 cups Apple Sauce, unsweetened
2 scoops TRU Banana Maple Muffin Protein
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
1/2 cup Almonds
1/4 cup Pecans
1 cup Quick Oats
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Oats
1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1) Add all ingredients of the first part of the list into a food processor and process on high until a semi smooth paste forms. Smaller chunks of nuts might still be in there but that is fine for the texture of these as long as it is even.
2) Transfer into a bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
3) Meanwhile make the granola. In a pan add oats, chopped pecans and cinnamon. Toast on medium heat until fragrant. Add maple syrup, stir well and toast for a few minutes constantly stirring to prevent burning.
4) Set aside to cool. Once cool add granola into a food processor and pulse until semi fine in texture. You want to aim for small crumbles. Set aside in a shallow bowl or plate.
5) Once the apple pie mixture is cooled and thickened use a small cookie scoop to form equal sized balls. Roll in your hands to smoothen and then roll in the fine granola crumbles.
6) Serve as is. Can be kept in air tight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for 1 week.
4.3 g protein
7.7 g carbs
5.3 g fat