Recipe Corner: Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
On my last grocery haul I found some honey pineapples and even though it is not a fruit I buy a lot, I had to have it. While I was thinking of what recipe I can make next, the pineapples inspired me to attempt a protein loaded upside down cake. Greek yogurt is a great option to make a great textured cake and with some added protein powder nothing stood in the way of me and pineapple upside down cakes for breakfast (lol). I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. Make sure to store them in the fridge so they last about a week. If you prefer them warm just microwave for 15-30 seconds and enjoy.
Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Recipe makes 5
Time: active 8 minutes, passive 30 minutes
1 cup Low Fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Apple Sauce, unsweetened
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1 1/2 cups Pineapple, cut into smaller chunks
1 scoops TRU Coconut Macaron Protein
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a non stick pan, roast pineapple chunks on medium high heat until they are slightly browning. Make sure to keep an eye on it as they can burn easily.
3) Grease 5 ramekins well and divide 2 tbsp of Coconut Sugar to coat the bottom of each.
4) Divide grilled/roasted pineapple chunks to layer the bottom of each ramekin.
5) In a bowl mix all wet ingredients first and then add dry ingredients mixing after each additional ingredient has been added.
6) Divide batter equally into each ramekin, tap on the counter to even out the batter and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly, with a knife glide across the edges of each little cake to make sure it comes out clean when you turn them over onto a plate.
7) Serve warm with some whipped cream or cold yogurt mixed with pineapple.
1 serving :
14.5 g protein
21 g carbs (10 g of sugar)
8.8 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.