I am a big sucker for quick grab snacks especially if they are sweet. These cinnamon roll bites can be made vegan and gluten free. If you want to make a bigger batch you can store them in the freezer for up to a month. They are best enjoyed at room temperature because the flavors come out more. Let them sit for about 15-20 minutes at room temperature and then enjoy
No-Bake Cinnamon Roll Bites
Recipe makes 1 serving
Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for dough:
2 tbsp TRU Nut Butter
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Greek Yogurt or vegan Greek Yogurt
1/2 Vanilla Extract or Paste
20g TRU Vanilla Cream Protein Powder (about 2/3 of a scoop)
1/2 packed cup of Oat Flour
1/2 packed cup of Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Ingredients for filling:
1/3 cup TRU Nut Butter
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp toasted Almond Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
Ingredients for glaze:
2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tbsp TRU Vanilla Protein Powder
Plant Milk as needed to get desired consistency
1) Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine both until a thick and pliable dough forms. Use a fork first and then use your hands at the end to form the dough. If it seems a bit too crumbly and dry add a tsp of cold water at a time. The dough needs to be thick and not sticky so it is easy to roll.
2) Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thickness into a rectangle.
3) For the filling combine ingrdiens until a thick paste forms. With a spatula spread the paste onto the dough covering the entire surface. Make sure to be gentle to not tear the dough underneath.
4) Turn the dough so the long side is facing you and fold over the edge slightly from the bottom up. With help of the parchment paper slowly roll up the dough tightly. The dough might crack a little bit but once rolled up use the parchment paper to slightly press any cracks together and roll back and forth without much pressure to even out the roll. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
5) Make the icing by combining listed ingredients until smooth. Pour into a snack sized zipper bag. Take the cookie out of the fridge and cut off the open edges (if you would like them to be more uniform). Cut them into 1/2 inch rolls and drizzle the glaze over each cookie. Keep refrigerated or freeze for up to a month.
33.5 g protein
66.3 g carbs (23 g of sugar partially from fruit)
19.8 g fat