Recipe Corner: Mini Pecan Pies
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
With Thanksgiving approaching I notice that a lot of people are worried about their fitness goals as it can be hard to say no to all the delicious goodness that is waiting for you at the dinner table. But it is ok to enjoy your food, just make a healthier version. Which is why I wanted to make these Pecan Pies. Don't get me wrong, they are still calorie dense and you will probably want to eat more than one, but you can. It is all about being mindful of the food we eat.
I absolutely love these pies. They are gooey just like original pecan pie, but without all the processed ingredients and they are vegan and can be made gluten free, full of healthy fats and I even managed to smuggle in a little bit of quality protein.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Mini Pecan Pies
Recipe makes approx. 8 mini pies.
Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for crust:
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cups Oats
1/2 scoop TRU Banana Maple Muffin or Vanilla Protein
1/2 tbsp Nut Butter
2 tbsp Allulose Syrup
Ingredients for filling:
3 soaked Pitted Dates
3/4 cup Pecans
2 tbsp Allulose Syrup
1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) For the crust combine all ingredients into a food processor and process on high for a few minutes. The consistency should be coarse but stick together, if it does not add a tbsp of cold water and pulse until combined.
3) Divide the nut mixture into 8 equal amounts and press them into the cavity of a mini muffin pan. With the back of a utensil or your thumb, press an indention into the center of the dough on each cavity. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool to room temperature.
4) Add all ingredients for the filling into the food processor and pulse until combined. It is perfectly fine if it is coarse but should hold together and be soft.
5) Add a tablespoon of filling onto each mini crust and serve warm or cold.
* store in refrigerator
* can be reheated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds
4.1 g protein
19.7g carbs (7.7g of sugar)
13.8 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.