Recipe Corner: Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
The desperation is real this summer. I am not ready to let go but Fall is approaching quickly and so are all the pumpkin flavored items. Still, in my denial I am making lemon flavored pancakes because, well, I can (lol). Don't worry pumpkin lovers, we will get to you soon! But for now, let's enjoy the last few summer days (if you are lucky enough to still have some) with a light, airy refreshing breakfast that is just sweet enough.
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Recipe makes 6 serving
Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1 scoop TRU Vanilla Protein
1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
1 cup Plant Yogurt, unsweetened
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Extract
1) Preheat non stick pan to medium low heat.
2) Mix all dry ingredients ina bowl and put aside.
3) Separate egg whites and yolks in two bowls. Beat the eggwhite until stiff peaks form.
4) Add all wet ingredients to the egg yolks and mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
5) Fold in egg whites 1/3 at a time until just incorporated. I use an ice cream scoop to portion my pancakes and transfer to the pan without making a mess. It should make about 6 medium sized pancakes. Cover with lid until you see bubbles form and flip. The lower temperature should prevent it from browning too much. Depending on your pan and stove you might have to adjust the setting.
5.a) You can make a drizzle with left over yogurt, lemon juice and some honey if you like to soak your pancakes in something.
12 g protein
19.1 g carbs (4.7 g of sugar)
8.9 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.