Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
We all have the busy weeks when we barely find time to do the things we should be doing. If you know this is what your week will look like, be prepared. Make these breakfast bars that you can take with you on the go and eat while you are on the go or get settled at your desk. It can also be a great afternoon pick-me-up snack. These are much better for you than store bought options as those often come with a lot of added sugar.
Dulce De Leche Breakfast Bars
Recipe makes 6 servings
Time: 40 minutes
2 scoops TRU Dulce De Leche Protein
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/4 cup Almond FLour
1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
4 tbsp Vegan Butter, softened
2 tbsp Dulce De Leche
1/2 cup Plant Milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup Caramel Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1) Mix ground flax seed with 2 tbsp of water and set aside for 5 minutes to make a flax egg replacement. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Add all dry ingredients besides caramel chips into one bowl and mix until well combined.
3) In a separate bowl mix softened butter with dulce de leche. Gradually add milk while whisking (make sure that the milk is at room temperature and not cold or else it will curdle).
4) Add flax egg and whisk. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and mix with a fork until a spreadable dough forms. Add caramel chips last and mix roughly.
5) Grease an 9x9 pan and spread dough evenly. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Cut into 6 rectangular bars.
12.8 g protein
24.4 g carbs (3.8 g of sugar)
12 g fat