Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
We all have the days where there is no time, or maybe you just hate to eat breakfast super early but don't have time or the opportunity to eat a full meal at work. This is the perfect on the go breakfast bar with balanced macros and a good amount of protein you can refuel after a workout or just get your day started with a balanced on the go breakfast. Feel free to use a sugar free syrup alternative instead of maple syrup if you would like to cut out added sugar that doesn't come from fruit. I absolutely love these for a sweet mid day snack and love the cakey light texture. If you prefer it more firm I would suggest to skip the baking powder and you can re-toast the bars after you prepare them for the week if you prefer it warm. Let's get baking!
Coconut Breakfast Bars
Recipe makes 4 servings
Time: 25 minutes
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Shredded Coconut, unsweetened
1 1/2 scoops TRU Coconut Macaron Protein Powder
6 tbsp Hemp Seeds
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
4 tbsp Coconut Creamer (or Coconut Milk)
1 medium Banana
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Mash Banana and mix with all liquid ingredients.
3) Mix all dry ingredients except the extra tablespoon of shredded coconut (this will be added on top later) until combined. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4) Spread dough into a loaf baking pan and sprinkle with the left over coconut flakes.
5) Bake for 20 minutes. Optional: Set oven to broil and toast top for 1-2 minutes (please keep an eye on it, it can burn very quickly)
6) Let cool completely before cutting.
1 serving :
14 g protein
20 g carbs (11.3 g of sugar)