The best thing about summer is that the stores are loaded with fresh, sweet fruits and I love to include fruits as snacks and with my breakfast but also make sweet desserts. This time I thought about a healthy version that reminds you of a peach crumble and baked oatmeal was what came to mind. This is refreshing (especially if you eat it cold and not hot but you can have it both ways) and is light but still filling as breakfast or as a sweet afternoon snack (especially with your coffee if you enjoy that). If you are not a fan of peaches you can try to switch them out with a different fruit. Have fun with it!
Baked Oatmeal with Peaches
Recipe makes 6 servings
Time: 60 minutes
3 cups Rolled Oats
1 1/2 scoops TRU Vanilla Cream Protein
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 1/2 cup Plant Milk, unsweetened or Milk
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Peaches, sliced
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup sliced Almonds, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 8x10 casserole dish or a 9x9 or 8x13 dish will work too. The thickness and size of your slices will be different depending on the size you choose and you might have to adjust the baking time.
2) Remove the stone and slice peaches into quarter inch thick slices. Put aside.
2) In a bowl mix oats, baking powder, spices, salt and protein powder until combined. In a separate bowl add milk, eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Mix until combined and pour over dry ingredients. Fold in until combined and no dry lumps are left. Fold in two thirds of the peach slices carefully. The rest will be put aside as a topping.
3) Pour into greased dish and bake for 45-50 minutes. If you chose a larger pan you might not need to bake it for that long. Please check after 35 minutes to see if a toothpick comes out clean. You do not want to overbake this dish as it can get dry. (If it did happen to you, you can serve it in a bowl and drizzle with a bit of milk to gain some of the moisture back)
4) Let cool before cutting and top each piece with greek yogurt and a few slices of peach. Enjoy!
14.3 g protein
41.1 g carbs (10.5 g of sugar, partially from fruit)
6 g fat