Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
There is something about the warm flavors of an apple pie that makes me feel at home. In Austria apple pies often have a cream filling which inspired me to make this recipe. A layer of cream, apples and crumbles makes this recipe a bit more decadent but oh so worth it and because the ingredients are healthier than your average pie and more wholesome, this will probably also curb the hunger. Feel free to use rolled oats if you want a bit more texture on the topping.
Apple Crumble Pie
Recipe makes 8 servings
Time: 45 minutes
1 Walnut Pie Crust - ready to use
2 Gala Apples
1 tsp Lemon Cest, finely grated
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Quick Oats
4 tbsp Natural Almond Butter, crunchy
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt
2 scoops TRU Dulce De Leche Protein
5-10 drops Stevia
2 tbsp Plant Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Peel and chop apples to small cubes. Add them into a non stick pan with a bit of spray oil, lemon juice, lemon cest, cinnamon, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Stir constantly and roast on medium high heat until slightly browned. (it can burn quickly if you do not keep stiring and watching it. The apples should be tender, try a small piece to be sure.) Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl mix quick oats, maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Use a fork and mix it until crumbly and slightly sticky. Set aside.
4) In another bowl mix greek yogurt with the plant milk, stevia, eggs, vanilla and TRU protein powder with a whisk until no lumps are left and you are left with a thick smooth cream. If you need to add more plant milk because it seems too stiff, do so a tablespoon at a time.
5) In the pie crust add the cream first, smooth it out to be even. Add the apples on top and spread them evenly. Top with little oat crumbles and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cook completely before serving.
18.3 g protein
34.5 g carbs
16.7 g fat