Valentine’s Day usually symbolizes a day of romantic love, but here at TRU, we believe that love must come from within in order to love others in a healthy way.
We can show ourselves love by being active, giving ourselves time throughout the day to prioritize our well-being, spending time in meditation, and eating food that makes us FEEL good from the inside.
We’ve put together some super simple Valentine’s Day recipes that will make you feel good without the sugary crash, and will help you meet your protein requirements. You can make these recipes at the same time with the same ingredients, that way you have 2 sweet snacks to start and end your day!
To reward you for choosing to prioritize your health this Valentine’s Day season, we’re offering 20% off site wide from February 12th -16th plus a FREE shirt to those who spend over $100 on TRU products! Shop and save today.
This Valentine’s Day season, we encourage you to focus on what makes you feel good, on what makes you happy and allow your thoughts and actions to follow.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries ~ with protein
½ cup dark chocolate chips or cacao wafers
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 scoop chocolate protein
10 strawberries with the stem still on
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Stir together the chocolate and coconut oil, making a smooth mixture.
- Add in chocolate protein powder slowly and stir.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip it in the melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the strawberry.
- Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Continue this process with the rest of the strawberries, refrigerate for 30 minutes until they harden, or enjoy them while they’re still melty.
With the rest of the melted chocolate, try making this super tasty and easy chocolate mousse below!
1 and 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened dark chocolate or cacao wafers (leftover chocolate from the previous recipe)
½ scoop TRU chocolate protein powder
Drizzle of agave
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave bowl for 30 seconds, or use the rest of the chocolate from the previous recipe.
- Stir together the chocolate and coconut oil to make a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Add in greek yogurt, chocolate protein and agave. Stir again.
- That’s it! Your chocolate mousse is ready.
- Top with strawberries or other fruits, a drizzle of agave, nuts, coconut flakes, chia seeds or goji berries.