Recipe Corner: Strawberry Spread
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
When I was younger, the only sweet spread that was very common was jam and hazelnut chocolate spread. Once I was alone at home and I didn't know what to eat and just grabbed a fruit yogurt and a white bread roll. Oddly enough it was so good! Lucky for all of us, now a days you can literally put anything on top of your bread and there is not going to be a lot of judgement (and even if, we are grown now lol). Let's enjoy our bread with some Strawberry Spread!
Recipe makes 10 servings
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup Cashews, soaked overnight
1/2 cup Cashew Milk, unsweetened
1 scoop TRU Strawberry Protein
3/4 cup Strawberries
1 tbsp Honey
1) Soak Cashews overnight or for at least 4 hours.
2) In a bowl mix cashew milk and TRU protein powder together and wisk until smooth and no lumps are left. Cover and store in the fridge until you are ready to make your spread. I prepare this when I soak the cashews and store both in the fridge until I am ready.
3) Add the cashews and protein mixture into a high speed blender. Add 1 tablespoon honey and half of the strawberries and blend until smooth and creamy.
4) Once the spread is done add the rest of the strawberries and only pulse so that you get small pieces of strawberry in the entire mixture. Skip this step if you do not care for strawberry pieces and just blend everything together.
5) Let cool and store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
1 serving = 2 tbsp :
4.1 g protein
6.4 g carbs
5.4 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.