Recipe Corner: Mini Coconut Muffins
I am a big fan of sweet treats as snacks in the afternoon. If you have a sweet tooth, fighting it is really not the best solution. It is better to give your body what it is asking for and no, this is not an invitation to eat the entire chocolate bar you bought the other day when you went grocery shopping while hungry. It is about balance and making compromises and of course about finding healthy alternatives. I usually aim to eat fruit but sometimes you want the cake texture and that is okay. Make a batch of these and eat a 2 or 3 in the afternoon to get an energy boost and have a filling snack that is also sweet.
Mini Coconut Muffins
Recipe makes 16 servings
Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup Quick Oats
1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 scoops TRU Coconut Macaron Protein
1/4 cup shredded Coconut
3/4 cup Plant Milk, unsweetened
2 tbsp Agave
1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
5 drops SweetDrop Stevia, Coconut Flavor
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
2) Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl add all liquid ingredients and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds. Mix until coconut oil is melted.
3) Mix wet and dry ingredients. It should be a thicker batter.
4) Use a small cookie scoop and add one scoop per muffin. Once done tap the tin onto the counter to even out the batter.
5) Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
1 mini muffin:
3.7 g protein
6.5 g carbs (2.3 g of sugar)
2.9 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.