Recipe Corner: Chai Oat Pancakes
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
Like many I am a huge fan of chai lattes. I had my first one 17 years ago in Vienna and still remember the warmth of the flavors. It is like a hug from the inside out. Anyone that knows me will tell you that my breakfast is either oatmeal or pancakes but there are endless ways to make the same type of breakfast feel like more variety. And because nobody likes a plain pancake we are going to make a sauce for it too with the most divine flavor, Chai!
Chai Oat Pancakes
Recipe makes 1 serving (3 pancakes with sauce)
Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for sauce:
1 cup Plant Milk, unsweetened
2 tea bags of Chai Tea
2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
Ingredients for pancakes:
1 scoop TRU Protein (Chai Latte or Cinnamon Roll)
1/4 cup Spelt Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Quick Oats
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 ripe Banana
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg (can be replaced for egg replacer)
1/2 cup Plant Milk
1) Prepare sauce first. In a sauce pan add plant milk and tea bags. Bring to a boil and let steep for a few minutes. Remove tea bags. In a separate small bowl mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water until all lumps are gone. Bring liquid to a boil again and mix in cornstarch. Boil for a few minutes or until it reaches a sauce like consistency. Add maple syrup and mix well. Put aside.
2) For the pancakes mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl mash the bananas.
3) Add plant milk, egg and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Set aside.
4) Heat a non stick pan to medium low heat and coat lightly with oil. Divide batter into 3 pancakes. I like to use an ice cream scoop. Cover with lid and cook until you can see bubbles form, then flip them.
5) Serve topped with chai sauce.
37.2 g protein
65.8 g carbs (27.5 g of sugar partially from fruit)
15.7 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.