Recipe Corner: Nut Butter Oat Bars
Recipe by Cornelia Sabrina, @Cornelia_Sabrina on IG
Where are my peeps with the sweet tooth? This will be a treat for you! If you love nut butters and like the occasional dessert, you will love these TRU oat bars. They are chewy, have great texture and melt in your mouth with the chocolate and nut butter. Frankly, the challenge will be to control yourself around them but good thing these are made with all healthy ingredients and it is not about depriving yourself of all the good things in life but to find a way to make them tasty but also healthier. So let's live a little!
TRU Nut Butter Oat Squares
Recipe makes 16 squares
Time: active 8 minutes, passive 2 hours
1 + 1/4 cup TRU Nut Butter
2 cups Rolled Oats
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 bar Lily's Dark Chocolate
1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1) In a bowl add TRU Nut Butter, honey and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well until combined.
2) In a separate bowl mix rolled oats, chia seeds and hemp seeds. Add to nut butter mixture and stir with spatula until evenly coated and slightly sticky dough forms. If your dough is too dry you might need a little bit more honey or nut butter.
3) Use a 8x8 baking pan and line with plastic wrap. Press mixture flat into the form and make sure its totally even. Put into fridge and let refrigerate for 1-1.5 hours or until firm.
4) When the oat mixture is firm, in a bowl add 1/2 bar of Lily's dark chocolate broken into pieces and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until fully dissolved and smooth.
5) Pour over cooled oat mixture and make sure it is evenly coated. You can achieve that by using the back of a spoon.
6) Put back into refrigerator for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Use a warm knife to cut the squares (4 rows in each direction will give you exactly 16 pieces) to prevent the chocolate from braking. Store in refrigerator and enjoy cold or at room temperature. It will be a little softer at room temperature and the chocolate will melt slightly.
1 serving :
6.2 g protein
19 g carbs (4.9 g of sugar)
11.4 g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.